4.23.2013

3 Day Master Cleanse, TFA Style

I thought i'd share with you my journey as I embark on the 3 Day Master Cleanse. My cousin first introduced me to this cleanse over 5 years ago and i've been thinking about trying it ever since. Tomorrow is the day. I just returned from my 12 day trip in Hawaii where I did not hold back on eating all those delicious island treats and now I need to detox and not to mention shed some Hawaii pounds. If anyone knows me well, they know I love to eat and I have a huge sweet tooth. I've heard that cleansing helps curb your cravings for "junks" and I am very curious if the cleanse can really do this for someone like me. I had to plan this out perfectly and people have recommended not working while cleansing so here it goes. I played soccer yesterday which required me eating, so today is prepping, tomorrow is day 1, will start to incorporate food back to system on Saturday and hopefully be ready to play soccer on Sunday.

So, today I am preparing my body for the cleanse by eating raw which actually is the scariest part for me. I liked food that is cooked! This morning I purchased my 3 day cleanse from Super Raw Cane Juice on Sunset. It is great because they have each day prepackaged for you and it's frozen which cuts out the step of having to squeeze and mix the elixir every morning. They also use raw cane sugar instead of the maple syrup. You just mix it with 3/4 gallon of filtered water and voila! Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I went to Trader Joe's to by my raw food for the day which included a bunch of fruit, some kale and almonds for snacking for my prep day. I also bought a gallon of water for my elixer so I can carry my juice around with me for the next 3 days. My options for meals today are making me want to cry.

The Meal Plan:
Breakfast: 50/50 from Raw Cane Super Juice, one apple with raw almond butter
Lunch: Kale, banana, avocado and coconut water smoothie
Dinner: I Am Terrific (Live kelp noodles tossed with our almond thai dressing with red peppers, carrots, kale, cilantro basil and green onions. Topped with teriyaki almonds) from Cafe Gratitude

Snack: Raw Almonds
Dessert: Smooth Move Elimination Tea


Wish me luck! And check back to see how the next 3 days go for this fancy girl!

Always Fancy,
Janel

No comments:

Post a Comment