12.03.2012

Treat Bags!

This past Saturday night I had an evening out with my closest NYC friends.  It was so much fun!  Dinner and drinks with girlfriends can never get old.  I  have some of the world's greatest friends here and in CA.  You know who you are and I love you!  Thank you for making me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!  

I always make it a point to give little treat bags to my loves.  I feel like showing appreciation to those who make effort to celebrate me deserve some handmade goodies.  This year I went for some delicious snacks.  It's pretty simple!  Muddy Buddies, clear treat bags, manila tags, twine, glitter/washi tape, and a cute stamp!  I also wrote personal notes on the back of the manila tags.  It's that easy and your guests will feel so loved too!

Muddy Buddies (Vegan Recipe):
9 cups Corn Chex® and Rice Chex® cereal (I mixed in both)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used Trader Joe's brand)
1/2 cup natural butter
1/4 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar


Directions: 
1.  Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.  
2.  In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.  
3.  Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated (my fav part!).  Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

And that's it!  This would be a great idea to give away for the holidays too!  Made with Love   Just try it and it will bring many many smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment