4.20.2012

Weekend Getaway//Boston

It's been a new tradition that my brother Jon visits the east coast in April every year so that he and Scotty can go to the home opener for the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park.  Sometimes I go to the game, but even if I don't, I still always tag along for the trip because 1.) I love the seafood. It's the best!, 2.) I know the city well enough that I never get lost when I'm on my own, 3.) I am a fan of America's Most Beloved Ballpark, and 4.)  well, Boston is just a pretty cool city period!  Despite the annoying and unnecessary drama we had with the hotel (Westin Copley Place.  Worst customer service ever!), the trip was awesome as per usual.  Just a 4-hour bus ride from NYC, Boston is one my fancy favorite picks for a weekend getaway.  We usually stick to the same plan every time we go to Boston and I'm totally okay with the routine. Although next time we plan to go to Salem (yup, the witch town), whale watching, visit more museums, and the Duck Tour. I know that Duck Tour sounds silly, but I'm intrigued with the "by land and by sea in a World War II amphibious landing vehicle".  Anyway, here are some of my favorite places to eat and play in this historic city! 

 Clockwise from top left:
San Francisco Cioppino at Atlantic Fish Company (I get it every time. So good!) 
♥ Lobster Tails and Cannolis at Mike's Pastry (A+++ spot)
♥ Lobster Roll with Fries at Neptune Oyster (Best Lobster Roll Ever!)
♥ Assorted Italian Cookies at Mike's Pastry (Beautiful and tasty little delights)

 Clockwise from top left:
Pretty street lights somewhere in the Downtown area.
 The North End! Italians represent! Here is where you will find Neptune Oyster and Mike's Pastry Shop
My brother Jon being arrested for. . .(haha JK. He's just pretending!)
Cobblestone street from the North End heading to Fennel Hall/Quincy Market

  Clockwise from top left:
Mini bats at the Red Sox Pro Shop.
That's me being a bear with the Bruins bear claws at the Bruins Pro Shop.
Cute little swan magnets at a souvenir shop at Quincy Market.
And of course, a shot of Fenway Park!

♥ Other noteworthy places to check out are Boston Commons, Newbury Street, Legal Seafood, the Boston Aquarium, Harvard, and Beacon Hill.

And one last thing. . .
Today is the 100th Anniversary of the most historic ballpark in America!
 HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY to FENWAY PARK!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment